Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
Fall is just around the corner! However, before you start carving pumpkins and preparing Thanksgiving dinner, it’s important to remember that fall is the ideal time to get outside and provide some important maintenance to your home. During the fall, it’s important to prepare for the winter months to prevent damage that could cost you in the future. Here’s a checklist of preventative home maintenance tips that every homeowner needs!
Prepare Your Home for Fall and Winter With These Tips!
1. Check outdoor paint for peeling, cracking and complete coverage
2. Inspect your attic for insulation issues and stains from any leaks
3. Examine your weather stripping, thresholds, transitions, and windows for potential problems
4. Check your exterior trim, gutters, and downspouts to make sure they’re functioning
5. Review items in your storage areas and move temperature-sensitive materials to warmer areas
6. Drain any outdoor faucets and winterize hoses and spigots
8. Remove screens and install storm windows
9. Test smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors; change batteries if needed
10. Tighten handrails and grab bars near entrances that could become slippery
This checklist is merely an aide to help you better prepare your home for the winter. Homes react to seasonal changes in temperature and moisture levels and it’s vital that maintenance is performed to avoid higher energy bills and/or damage to the home. If this seems like a lot of work, have no fear! Odd Job Larry can help get your home prepared for fall and winter. Our staff of experienced handymen know just what to check, what to look for, and how to fix any problems that could cost you in the long run. Contact us today for a free quote, or to start on your next project, big or small!