How to Build a Flower Planter Box
Wondering how to build a flower planter box? Spruce up your garden by adding a nice cedar planter box to your landscape!
- (11) 1x6x8 Cedar boards
- (3) 2x2x8 pressure treated
- 1 ¼” trim screws
- Stain (optional)
- 1/8” drill bit
- Saw – Miter or circular
- Tape measure
- Cut (2) of your 8’ 2×2’s to 5’ 3″
- Use the cut off pieces to make your 2’ ends and secure to the 5′ 3″ boards
- Cut your 1×6 cedar boards to 2’ – you will need 12 pieces total
- Lay them on the 2×2 frame and secure
- Cut your last 2×2 board into (4) 22” pieces and secure to the corners of the frame
- Measure from side to side and cut the rest of your 1×6 cedar boards and secure to the (4) sides – (4) boards high on each side
- Save the cut-offs from the longer sides to use for the (2) shorter sides
- Make sure the (2) shorter sides overlap the (2) longer sides
Feel free to stain the box or leave it with the natural cedar look.
We recommend putting landscape fabric on the bottom of the planter box before you fill it up with soil.
Now you are ready to plant your flowers! We’d be happy to see your finished project! Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will showcase your planter on our Facebook page! We hope you enjoyed this post about “how to build a flower planter”, and stay tuned for our next project!